Thursday, October 27, 2011

MATTHEW OSBORNE: Miracle covers and a love affair with East Carolina keep me coming back

Published: Thursday, October 27, 2011

It is amazing how a college football day can ebb and flow.

Last week, I felt like I was doing great, but as I watched the games unfold in Hooters of St. Petersburg, Fla., I needed a ridiculous over cover from Florida State and Maryland just to have a winning day.

With two minutes left in the FSU-Maryland game – a blowout, mind you – I needed two more touchdowns. The Seminoles got to a first-and-goal but didn’t even have to score. But they did, and they left 48 seconds on the clock.

Somehow in that time, the Terps ran the kickoff back to near midfield, so I figured I had a small chance. Then they ran the ball on first down, leaving me feeling a little ill.

But oddly, they rushed up the line for another play and threw deep, completing a pass to the 15. They scored on the next play with about five seconds left, giving me an improbable cover, one my father called “a gift from the gods.”

Click here for full column.

-- Follow Matthew Osborne on twitter @trentonianozzy



Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home