Friday, October 8, 2010

College football picks

It's been a crazy week, and Roy Halladay's no-hitter threw me into a whole other universe. But college football marches on, and here we go with the picks for the week.

Navy (minus-3 1/2) over WAKE FOREST - Navy has served me well, and Wake Forest has a pretty terrible defense. This looks like another one of the ACC's many public humiliations.

Utah (minus-6) IOWA STATE - This one worries me because it seems too easy. Utah should be able to handle business here if it is really the No. 14 team in the country. It's that fact I'm not positive on.

FLORIDA (minus-6 1/2) over Louisiana State - This is a bounce-back week for the Gators. I'm not making excuses, but four turnovers in crucial situations handed last week's game to Alabama. Florida is better than it looked in that game.

Army (pick em) over TULANE - Yes, Tulane beat Rutgers up here. No, I am not impressed by that feat. If this pick is a winner, Rutgers better watch out in the Meadowlands next weekend when Army comes to town.

Baylor (minus-1 1/2) over Texas Tech (at Cowboys Stadium) - Baylor is the better team here from what I can see, and on a neutral field, I see no reason the Bears can't continue their rise toward bowl eligibility.

Auburn (minus-6 1/2) over KENTUCKY - I have WAY too many road teams for my taste, but that's the way the cookie crumbles some weeks. I am going with my old elementary school gym teacher Gene Chizik to get the job done against a subpar Wildcats team.

Michigan State at MICHIGAN, Over-64 1/2 - Michigan has no defense, and it also has one of the best players in the country in Denard Robinson. I smell yet another Michigan shootout, but I didn't trust them enough to go against Sparty. A trusted Ann Arbor source told me the Wolverines would not cover, so I am sticking with the over.

Oregon (minus-36) over WASHINGTON STATE - OK, now I am just being reckless. I have five road teams in eight picks, and I am laying more than five touchdowns on this one. But Oregon has something to prove to the BCS voters, and the only way to make that point against teams like Washington State is to kick the holy loving crap out of them.

Last week: 5-3
YTD: 19-19-1

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home